Monday, January 12, 2015

Do You Want Fries With That??


"Do you want fries with that?"

"Yes, yes I would! And a large box of chocolate, please!!!"

Ok - today was one of those "rough" homeschooling days. The ones we don't really talk about. The ones that if we actually talked about, our family and friends (who aren't convinced  homeschooling is the best option) will point to why I should put my children into "normal" school.

We did Iowa Testing for the week before Christmas and once we were done I promptly declared, "We were done for Christmas BREAK!!". When we were suppose to start back up, we ended up traveling for a funeral so that shot last week. Now its Monday, the second week and January and we HAVE TO JUMP BACK INTO SCHOOL!!

5:30 am - a cold toddler climbs into my bed and kicks me in the face

7:00 am - my alarm goes off I hit the off button

8:00 am -  Tinkerbell comes into my room asking if she has Good Shepard today. I'm reminded that:
1. We missed daily mass
2. It is truly Monday and I shouldn't have ignored my alarm

8:15 am - come downstairs to realize my big kids are up, chores aren't done, and they are looking for the remote.

8:16 - 9:15 am - follow children around reminding them what their chores are, that they are fully capable of doing assigned chores.

9:15 - 9:45 am - Take Tinkerbell to Good Shepard and drive home.

10:00 am - Start school

10:00 - 11:25 - Sit with two older children. Remind them we really do school, at home, and that work is required of them. Also try to figure out where we left off from break and refresh where needed.

11:26-12 - Leave and pick up Tinkerbell and come home.

12:05-12:30 - LUNCH

12:31 to 4:00 - Continue to sit with children. Reminding them we really do school....at home...and work is required of them. Its painful......

I make them read assigned pages out loud because I *know* they wouldn't read it otherwise (it would be lets sit here, turn pages, day dream, and write things in the blanks that make NO SENSE! Mom won't find out until she grades and which point they will ACTUALLY have to read it) I was saving us all the headache - promise!

I. GOT. NOTHING. ELSE. DONE!

No laundry -
No cleaning  -
No putting the Christmas boxes away -

Nothing but sitting on children to make sure work ACTUALLY got done.

4:35 pm - Text from husband, "Done with work pick me up anytime".

4:45 pm - Get into the car and go pick up husband.

When we pulled into the driveway my husband asks what is for supper (totally normal question). However, he is meet with a blank stare. The voice inside my head is screaming, "WHAT!!!! YOU EXPECT TO KEEP 4 KIDS ALIVE, EDUCATED, NOT BURN THE HOUSE DOWN, AND FEED YOU?!?!?"
But I don't say anything, instead I sit there looking at the birds flying over our house.
I tell my husband I'm stressed paralyzed (yes its a thing - watch "Mom's Night Out!")

So my loving husband does what any sane man would do, "Do you want burgers or subs for supper?"

The peanut gallery (e.i the kids) vote for subs.

We ended up with burgers.

It was just one of those days - so yes, I will take fries and a big box of chocolate with that burger!

No comments:

Post a Comment